Working in Finland

In order to work in Finland you must have a residence permit or an existing work contract with a business which can be used to obtain a residence permit on the basis of employment. The best resource for information regarding residence and working permits in Finland will come from the Finnish Immigration Service (Maahanmuuttovirasto) Finnish Immigration Service’s website

It can be difficult to find work in Finland if you do not speak at least basic finnish. It is highly recommended to learn finnish.  

There are many ways to search for work. If you are resident with a home municipality, you can utilize the TE-Services, which is the government institution responsible for helping during times of unemployment (for those who qualify). From TE-Services you can manage your unemployment benefits and receive help to find work. Additionally there are ads for open positions available on the TE-Services open jobs page

However, it is worth noting that not all jobs are posted in the TE-Service pages. Duunitori is arguably the best place to search for work. Lastly, don’t forget to update your Linkedin! 

<< Useful words

Partners >>

%d bloggaajaa tykkää tästä: